Monday, October 27, 2008

Too much?

Aticles like this one by Mark Levin are interesting, but I wonder if they're doing any good. I need to spend more time reading the whole thing, but my initial thoughts (that's how blogs work, right? - post before you think) are that this type of language is a little over the top:

Obamessiah
Cult-like
Communist
Frightening
Demagogue
Antichrist

Levin doesn't use the term "Antichrist", but I've seen it other places. Every modern influential leader is at one point or another called the Antichrist. According to Tony Alamo, I'm the Antichrist!

I'm not saying Obama isn't dead wrong on every major issue. I'm not saying he's not a little more worrisome than Clinton. Obama comes across as more ambitious, and with a grander vision. But, don't you think that most of what he says is just designed to get votes? The Democractic Party gambled on the "Extreme Makeover: Government Edition" strategy, and it seems to be working. Once he gets in there he'll be as old school, do-nothing, useless as this Democrat congress has been. I don't know. Maybe I've been so focused on the single issue of abortion that I haven't studied the other, secondary issues so thoroughly.

All I'm saying is, every generation has feared that things couldn't possibly get worse. And yet they always do! (That's supposed to make you feel better.) And the world keeps spinning. And the Lord still sits on His throne.

Rich Mullins put it so well:

The Lord in Heaven laughs
He knows what is to come
While all the chiefs of state plan their big attacks
Against His anointed One
The Church of God she will not bend her knees
To the gods of this world though they promise her peace
She stands her ground Stands firm on the Rock
Watch their walls tumble down when she lives out His love

Where are the nails that pierced His hands?
Well the nails have turned to rust But not so the Man
He is risen and He reigns
In the hearts of the children rising up in His Name
Where are the thorns that drew His blood?
Well the thorns have turned to dust but behold the love He has given
It remains In the hearts of the children
Who will love while the nations rage

No comments: