Tuesday, October 7, 2008

I know, I know...

It's been a while since my (our) last post, but a ton has been going on and no time to blog really.

Last week we, and a few other families, went on a camping trip. It was different... it always is when you're with others. I'll admit that I'm not the best at going with the flow of others. If I don't like the way things are going, or the schedule others are keeping... I grumble! It's a flaw, I know.

But the campsite was lovely (for our CCC buddies who camped together... this was the first site we all camped at together!). On this trip we rented canoes and floated down the river, we star gazed (and saw several shooting stars), and the kids played with all their pals while the grown ups discussed how to make the world a better place :-).

Being gluten free on this trip had its own set of difficulties, and the food... while tastey, lacked some of the charm we usually experience on a trip! We learned a lot, and so hopefully in the coming weeks we will have another chance to hit the wide open for another trip... and things will go better!

Thankfully the weather held out while we were there during the day, and the heater at night made everything so comfortable.

Coming home proved to be the real adventure of the trip. One of the cars in the caravan lost the tread on a tire just about 10 miles outside of the park. Unfortunately it happened to be the car of the single mom in the group... but not to worry the three dad's in the group were quick to take action... including Daddio who didn't want her to drive the car after the tire was changed. So after a little rearranging of cargo and children, we managed to fit her and her daughter into our car (while I drove), and her two sons into another car. Daddio and another dad drove her car the rest of the way home! Thankfully we all made it home safely without any other real set backs.

2 comments:

nicole said...

I don't remember the first campsite, although I'm pretty sure I was on that trip. Glad y'all had a good time, despite some of the challenges.

Elizabeth said...

Just a quick note to say that your trip sounded lovely and I've resisted the temptation several times in the past 2 days to call you to see what's up.