Saturday, October 25, 2008

drum roll, please...

Saturday weigh-in: down another 2.4 lbs.

I failed to obey the self-imposed rules at least five times this past week, and I just knew it would cost me something. I was hoping for a break-even, and expecting a small gain. Go figure. I guess I did more good than bad. I also suspect that the total lack of beer for a month has something to do with it. I never drank heavily, of course, just two or three beers a week. I really like beer. But I decided to give up (most) gluten in solidarity with Bobcat, so have switched to wine. It's like a perpetual Lent. Now I think beer may have been a bigger dietary problem than I knew before. Or, more likely, I did know better, but I chose to ignore it because I really like beer.

I do plan to be good this week, though. No more eating out or trips to the candy dish in the office. The total loss since I began counting is -15.3 lbs. I still have a ways to go toward the final goal, but I'm encouraged by the progress.

No comments: