Friday, January 18, 2008

Paper + Bowl + Ruler = ???

A while back my mom saw the waist apron I made for myself, and wanted one too. She rumaged around her fabric stash and found a pair of fabrics from the same line with bunnies and flowers for a cute little spring apron (one side has the green background, the other side has the blue background). Then I added this cute polka dot fabric for some visual interest. Well, and like usual I really got in to the sewing and just couldn't stop. With some typing paper, a ruler, and a bowl I created a pattern for a little scalloped waist apron for my god-daughter. And of course while I was digging through my fabric stash I found this really cute pink strawberry fabric and put together a simple rectangular waist apron for my neice (she lives with my parents, and I thought she would like an apron like her Maw Maw's while she helps with chores around the house).

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

First rule of blogging: you can't post something soooo adorable without posting the instructions on how to make it. ;) I really need to learn how to turn my machine on!

MommaLlama said...

Ha ha ha... honestly I just came up with the image in my head, taped some white paper together (4 sheets to make a large rectangle), then put pencil to paper. I used a large plate to get a curve for the waist, then a bowl for the bottom scallops. A little measuring and a few straight lines, and I had a working pattern. I'm pleased with the outcome, but it took some time! :-).

Elizabeth said...

I see a straight line for the waist, but you say that you used a large plate to make the curvy waist? Would it be possible to use a straight line for the waist or is it necessary for the overall cuteness? Maybe I should'nt be flaunting my ignorance on your blog. :)