Thursday, January 31, 2008

Ouch...

I think my head is going to explode. Bubba is in my room watching some Leapfrog videos. (Bobcat is at the store with Mommy, and Snookie is already in bed.) How do you other parents stand these kiddie shows and stuff? To be honest, I haven't even seen over half of the DVD's that we own, at least not in their inteiret. I sit down to watch with the boys, but I just can't take more than 10 minutes. We try to limit our collection to good stuff, and they only watch two or three a week. I can't imagine how it is in those homes with the TV constantly tuned to Nickelodeon.

3 comments:

nicole said...

Eventually you tune them out. Or you leave the room. And we try to limit the annoying videos found in our house. It is amazing how many videos "don't work" or "are lost" around here!

Daddio said...

If you can tune it out, so can the kids. It bothers me to see kids playing around and not even watching the TV that's turned on. If you're going to watch a show, then sit down and watch the show. Maybe I'm just too sensitive to noise, but that's the rule around here. If they ask for a movie, and we find them horsing around, we turn the movie off. I don't want them growing up with "background noise". Life isn't all about constant distraction and entertainment.

nicole said...

Oh, they don't tune them out. They are usually transfixed. But I can easily ignore the sound to read a book or do housework. If they aren't watching something it is definitely turned off. I would much rather listen to music or nothing at all. And I must say, it seems that Dads in general are more sensitive to noise. Travis has a much harder time tolerating the regular everyday noise level of the kids than I do. Y'all are just too used to working in a quiet office. ;-)