Monday, January 28, 2008

Something in the water?

I tell you what, the little ones are really in rare form these last two weeks. Fussing, not sleeping well, no focus on school work. Bobcat is in especially deep trouble for finding an ink pen and doodling on our comforter and bed during nap time on Saturday. Mmm hmmm. I think he's just trying to rack up some really good stuff for his second confession on Wednesday. Momma is at the end of her rope. All friends reading along are requested to pray for a speedy return to sanity here at Casa Llama!

I'm feeling somewhat better. I've had a Shiner Bock, and I got my W2 in so I've done the taxes. Let's hear it for child tax credits! I highly recommend TurboTax online. I'm competent to do the forms long hand, but about two years ago, the online thing was ending up with about a $70 higher refund than I was getting by hand. I could not figure out what I had done differently, and TurboTax comes with an accuracy gaurantee and audit protection, so I just paid the $29 and have never looked back. To me, it's worth $29 for the time savings alone and not having to fill out and mail in your forms. I've heard you can e-file directly with the IRS for free these days, but I've gotten used to TurboTax and it saves all my personal information from previous years, so it's just easier to stick with what I know.

Hopefully, MommaLlama will return to me refreshed and happy. She is at band practice now, which is fun and relieves stress. Although it may be somewhat awkward sitting across from the transexual clarinet player. Oh, you didn't hear about that yet? It's quite a story. I'll ask her to write a bit about "Jo" (formerly "Joel"). Heh heh.

===
Update: I looked into it, and it appears that free e-filing on the IRS website is only for lower incomes. Others are directed to a service that you must pay for. Therefore, I can still recommend TurboTax. I don't have any experience with the others, but I don't have any complaints.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Maybe MommaLlama would be interested in my our comfy blue sofa chair covered in black Sharpie to match the bedding?

nicole said...

Good for you getting the taxes done. We are waiting on our contribution letter from the church. I could use a Shiner, but once again gestation interferes. :)