Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Snookie-isms

I’ve mentioned this before, when Snookie’s going through a growth spurt the world around him is a devastating place. He is cranky, his motor skills are impacted, and he is just not his normal go-lucky kid. But, during these times come some of his funniest comments ever. Take for instance these gems:

“Mommy, I need a Kleenex to DEAL with my fighter jet.”

Now, with that statement I need to do a little explaining. A few days ago we super glued the canopy shut on his plane (with the pilots inside) because he kept pulling off the canopy and the little plastic hinge was no longer working. So gluing it shut seemed like the best answer to that situation. Okay let’s continue with the conversation.

“Snookie, Mommy doesn’t understand, could you tell me what you are talking about?”
“Mommy, I need a Kleenex to DEAL (even more emphatic than the last time) with my fighter jet.”
“I’m not following you, honey. Are you fussing and you need my help to blow your nose, because your plane is making you mad?”
“No, I need to break my plane real HARD, and I will use the Kleenex to clean up the glue when I get the top off.”
“Wow, you really thought this whole thing through, but unfortunately you are not going to re-break your airplane! I’m sorry, Pumpkin.”
Cue more SOBBING!

I have to hand it to the kid, he was trying to think ahead… and apparently he thinks that glue stays wet?

“Mommy, (sniff, cry, sniff, cry, cry…) they won’t play on my track.”
“Uh?”
“The boys won’t play cars on the track I built.”
“Honey, I know you built the coolest track in the world, but that doesn’t mean that they boys have to also play on it.”

More crying!

He also used to do this thing with his face called “Give me the EYES.” But while sitting in Daddio’s lap the other day he proclaimed that he no longer does that, and instead gave a whole new face! Unfortunately I don’t have a picture of that, YET! You just never know with that kid. Oh and Daddio taught him to play "staring contest" which has been a lot of fun. He furrows those little brows and really makes a go at it!

No comments: