Wednesday, January 30, 2008

A book meme

Red Cardigan tagged me for this little gem of a meme... so here goes:

The Rules
1. Pick up the nearest book ( of at least 123 pages).
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the next three sentences.
5. Tag five people.

At first blush, most would peg me as an average Joe, and I'm proud of that. But my sheepskin announces to all assembled that though I may be a man of the people, I also have the keys to the clubhouse. I can't count the number of times I've heard the phrase, "You went to Dartmouth? I find that hard to believe."

The book, Stephen Colbert's I AM AMERICA (and so can you!)... super funny I'm told by Daddio who laughed pretty much the whole time he read it. It's on the top of the pile because he just gave it to me to read. I'm actually reading another book at the moment, The Connected Child, by Dr. Karyn Purvis and Dr. David Cross... which happens to be the book right under the previous selection! So applying the same rules here is the selection from that read:

Recognize the value of what you bring to this child for her safety and her instruction.

Give one chance to self-correct. You can verify that you're really facing defiance by first giving your child the opportunity to self-correct.


So there you have it folks... there are actually 4 more books on my nightstand, 2 of which have been read, and 2 that will be read sometime in the future!

Now for the tagging... who hasn't been tagged for this one yet? Hmmm, I'll go with Bob, Familia Del Valle, Just Stuff, Dei Gratia, and anyone else who hasn't done it yet!

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

My first tag, Cool! :)

Erin Manning said...

Thanks for doing this! The parenting book sounds interesting; I like the idea of self-correction.

:)