Thursday, August 9, 2007

Sharing the tastiness!

I found this recipe of at Menus4Moms a few months ago, and just had to try it. It made its first appearance on our table a few weeks ago, and then again this week due to its overwhelming success!! Enjoy!

Easy Chicken Cordon Bleu
2 cans refrigerated low-fat crescent dinner rolls (or frozen puff pastry sheets if you can find them)
1 1/2 cups cooked chicken, chopped (or shredded)
1 1/2 cups cooked ham, chopped
1 cup (4oz package) Swiss cheese, grated (I always us more, 1.5-2 cups)
1 egg, beaten
Heat oven to 350°. Combine all ingredients except crescent rolls. Separate dough into 8 rectangles; firmly press perforations to seal well. Evenly divide mixture between rectangles. Pull up corners of rectangles to center and twist. Pinch edges to seal. Place on a cookie sheet lined with foil (for easy clean up) and sprayed with olive oil spray. Brush with egg. Cook for about 20 minutes or until golden brown.

Oh... the first time I made it I served it with homemade mashed potatoes, this time with Mac & Cheese. You can reheat them in the oven: 350° for 10 to 15 minutes. You can microwave them, but they will get a little soggy... I'm sure a toaster oven would work great as well, I just don't have one so I can't tell you the temp or time for that.

No comments: