Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Routine

I'm a slave to it... if my routine is changed or altered for a day or two I just feel so out of sorts. And since this was the case Sunday and Monday that was the case, I now am playing catch up to regain some sense of order.
We spent Sunday lunch hanging out at my folks house visiting to my grandmother, aunt and uncle! Here's a shot of (starting from left going to right) my aunt, grandmother, and my mom. I spent most of my time there just laughing my head off. When the cajun clan gets together it's always a hoot! And the food was super tasty. My dad fried up a couple of turkeys, and my grandmother made her super amazing home made bread... oh and she also whipped up some tea cakes (they are kind of bready cookies). Oh man, it was SOOOOOOOOOO GOOD.

After lunch it was a quick trip home, and nap for the boys we were off again this time to evening Mass (we usually go first thing in the morning). After Mass we went out to dinner with several families from church and had a great time celebrating the life of family friend who passed away 2 years ago. It made for a long day.

Yesterday I went back to my parents house and picked up my niece (5 years old) to help out my mom while she worked. And while it isn't hard adding another child to the mix when it is the same age... all the driving really threw our day off... so things just continued to pile up... but at least my niece was able to spend the day playing with the boys, and not stuck entertaining herself all day.

So now I'm on clean up duty! Fun times! Bing Bong, Bing Bong... There's the washer reminding me to switch up the laundry.

2 comments:

justme said...

Cute pic. I love it when people laugh from the bottom of their hearts. :)

Cathy said...

That menu makes me pine for the Motherland.

Did y'all have iced tea, too?
Mmmmmmmmm...