Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Why I Blog Carnival

Chilihead is hosting a fun carnival that I decided to join in on!

How did you start blogging?
A soulcyster of mine, InfertilityIsFunny, started one and I was intrigued.

Did you intend to be a blog w/a big following? If so, how did you go about it?
Not really. I was hoping that maybe someone out there with the same troubles as me would read it and wouldn't feel alone.

What do you hope to achieve or accomplish with your blog? Have you been successful? If not, do you have a plan to achieve those goals?
This is an outlet for me... so all the crazy doesn't just stay in my head where it likes to multiply. In that regard I consider it to be successful... but the job ain't over :-).

Has the focus of your blog changed since you started blogging? How?
Oh yeah! And names! It began as an outlet for my own fertility struggles. It later morphed (and a new name) to our life in the adoption process, and that waiting game. Once the boys came home it became about my life as a mom, an adoptive mom and all the struggles and joys that come with that. As of late it is our journey in to the Catholic Homeschool realm! It is still a place for me to jump up on my soapbox, brag on the kids, rag on the kids :-), talk about wifery and homemaking, and just be myself!

What do you know now that you wish you'd known when you started?
Um, I didn't realize how much comfort I would find in reading others blogs!

Do you make money with your blog?
Nope

Does your immediate or extended family know about your blog? If so, do they read it? If not, why?
Daddio, knows and contributes.
My mom knew about my previous blog, but I don't know if she has worked her way over here.
No other family members know, that I know of!

What two pieces of advice would you give to a new blogger?
1. Be real.
2. Have fun.

Let me know if you are joining the carnival... I would love to learn more about your journey!

No comments: