Monday, June 18, 2007

Weekend update

The fact that MamaLlama hasn't posted today ought to tell you something about the kind of day she had... I'll fill you in, since I'm at home babysitting while she's at band. (Funny how we dads call it "babysitting" when we're required to supervise our own children. Women call it "parenting.")

Anyway, I'll keep it brief. What happened today...

-Bobcat had big fun times with lotion all over the carpet. Again. Seriously, what is that all about? It's okay, this guy has one that smears poop everywhere...
-Snookie peed his pants. Yes, Snookie, who was all potty trained in about three weeks after his second birthday. It's been at least a year since he had an accident. He came into the living room, already wet, and said "I think I need to go potty." Umm, you're a little late there, sharp shooter.

When MamaLlama left for rehearsal, I went outside to do yard work. I left the boys with a movie on, so they'd sit still and behave for a couple hours. Halfway through, I peeked in the window to check on them. Do I really even need to finish this story? You guessed it, they were not exactly sitting still. Instead, they were licking each other. I remember being a little boy myself, and I don't think I was ever quite that weird.

Anyway, let me tell you about Fathers Day. MamaLlama hand-made a lovely card out of her very finest paper and stamps and stuff from her extensive scrapbooking collection. The boys bought me a T-shirt with a hot rod pickup truck with a Texas flag on it. I can't say I would have picked that one out myself, but I love that they thought it was cool and wanted it for me. Also, I slept until 9:00 (that's about 3 hours late for me), woke up to have cinammon rolls, and then for dinner MamaLlama made her famous home made chicken-fried steak, mashed potatoes, and cream gravy. And peas for the kids. I know, I know, it's a double standard, I set a poor example, but I ain't eating peas on Fathers Day, so deal with it. I also requested carrot cake, but there wasn't time for that due to some other errands that came up in the afternoon. Maybe next weekend? (hint, hint) Instead we had our second favorite dessert, Rice Krispy treats (the boys say "ricepy krispy", it's freakin' adorable). And some of the left over dessert from dinner Saturday night with friends. I am fat and happy. Good night.

No comments: