Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Around the barnyard #2

Top o' the mornin', and Happy St. Pat's day to ya all!

So here's another round of what happens in the Llama barnyard. And once again let me re-iterate the notion of 'what works for me'... meaning, it works for me, but it might not work for you. You should experiment and come up with what works for you... but feel free to use this as a springboard for your process!

Dinner:
Remember to take the meat out for the evening... or as is the case for me today... start the roast in the crock! (Done)

Laundry:
Dedicates. Also, if for some reason you didn't finish up anything from yesterday... you know that pile that didn't reach its home... now is the time to jump on that! Once the dedicates are done, strip the beds and get those sheets in there. If you work quickly on this process, then you won't need to fold... simply clean and replace (work smarter not harder!).

Bathrooms:
Tubs. If you do this on a weekly basis than you will notice that the process doesn't take long at all! And while your at it, wipe down those vanities one more time... nothin says clean like a sparkling sink and mirror!

Vacuuming:
Yes, I generally vacuum every day. Carpet vacuum lines make me happy. Plus we have two dogs who have a slight shed... and while I might not be able to see the hair... I know it's there! Plus it seems to cut down on the general dust in the house. If you are not a big vacuumer, today is the day to hit your dusting in its place.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Now for a recipe:

Crockpot Java Roast
--3 lb chuck roast, trimmed of fat
--3/4 cup brewed coffee
--1 yellow onion, chopped
--1 red bell pepper, chopped
--8 oz sliced mushrooms
--1 t garlic powder, or 4-5 chopped cloves
--1/2 tsp salt
--1/4 black pepper
--1 T Worcestershire sauce
--3 T red wine vinegar
--4 oz cream cheese (to add at the end)

The Directions.

Use a 4 quart or larger crockpot.

I opted to not brown the meat and onions, and instead plopped everything in to the crockpot. I put the vegetables on the bottom, and then the meat.

Add the coffee, Worcestershire sauce, red wine vinegar, and spices.

Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours, or on high for 4-5. I cooked our meat on low for exactly 8 hours, and then it was on warm for another 3.

Carefully remove the meat from the pot, and stir in the cream cheese. I'd cut the cream cheese in slices and add it one at a time, if you can, to help it from separating in little white dots the way mine did. I got impatient. If you do get a bunch of little white dots, they will taste fine, but annoy you.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

You and my mom should be best friends! Your vacuuming sounds like hers!