Thursday, August 28, 2008

The First Week... and now we are done...

Well, done in the sense that our first week of school is over (we only do a 4 day school week... GOTTA LOVE HOMESCHOOLING). The boys started off strong, fizzled in the middle... and then regained their brains as it were. All in all it went way better (during actual school time) than I thought it would. I'd prepared myself (lots of prayers) for the time to be much more difficult to get through. The boys did just swimmingly with their new books, and completed their work much quicker each day than I expected.

It appears that all my planning and worrying that it would be too much, was just a worry and not a reality... it will be just RIGHT!

And for a job well done, it looks like Daddio will be taking the boys on a little guys get away weekend! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that all goes well with the plans, and I will get a few days to recharge my batteries!

5 comments:

Michelle said...

So glad to hear the boys are doing so well! Congratulations!

Praying you get a weekend to recharge your batteries.

Elizabeth said...

Oh how lovely! A whole weekend to yourself to recharge! I'm curious to know what you're going to do. Congrats on a successful first week. Mine starts on Monday, but Turk just found out he actually has off so I may move it to Tuesday.

nicole said...

I hope things go well and you do get your weekend of quiet time. Time in my house alone sounds just about perfect right now. Congratulations on getting one week in the can, so to speak.

Elizabeth said...

I've been toying with the idea of having a 4 day week with Pigeon and after reading your post I'm gonna do it.

MommaLlama said...

You know, I really love our 4 day a week schedule. When something comes up during the day that would interrupt our school time, I know if need be I have a whole other day that can be used (although I do try to schedule things out of the house for Friday so that it works more smoothly)... plus it is so much easy taking a 3 day weekend (or even a four day weekend) because you have the time and aren't scurrying trying to fix your plans!