Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Six Quirks Meme - Take 2

Here are the rules:

-Link the person(s) who tagged you
-Mention the rules on your blog
-Tell about 6 unspectacular quirks of yours
-Tag 6 fellow bloggers by linking them
-Leave a comment on each of the tagged blogger’s blogs letting them know they’ve been tagged.

And then the spin for this blog is that Daddio did my six quirks, and I'm to do his!

Red over at And Sometimes Tea tagged us for this fun little mid-week activity!

1. Daddio blows his nose in the shower... loud and long fog horn blows that ring through the entire house (especially quirkish when wifey comes through to get headache medicine and the volume is more than she can bear).

2. Daddio can sleep ANYWHERE, at pretty much any time. If he is sitting idle for more than a few minutes, he's out. On planes, cars, school (senior year AP English... even the calculater tetris didn't keep him awake), chairs, at the movies... gameroom floor while the boys are yelling and jumping about. I suppose in some ways this could be considered a gift...

3. He talks in his sleep. Not real often, it usually happens when he is sick or really congested (I guess he doesn't actually get to the deepest part of the sleep cycle when he is having a hard time breathing normally, or something).

4. He steals sheets... I will wake up in the middle of the night and only be covered by the comforter and he has all the sheets. I have no idea how he does it... especially considering that he rarely will have himself all covered up... but he has all the sheets! Oh and he usually has a foot hanging out too (sometimes both... out of the foot of the bed)... oh and speaking of quirky bed things... he shakes his foot while it's out so that the whole bed shakes! But I think that has more to do with getting my attention... to see if I'm awake, or by some weird chance he can't fall asleep and is bored!

5. He gets his lean on... He is always leaning back in chairs. It has gotten better over the years, I think due to the fact that he sits more in office chairs that rock back... so he gets it out of his system before he sits in a normal four legged chair... but oh my gosh... before that he was always tipping his chair back on the back two legs. (To be fair this is something I usually can't do because my feet hardly ever reach the ground comfortable, let alone with enough spare to push a chair back, so maybe I was jealous and noticed it more :-).)

(By the way, this is harder than it looks... coming up with your spouse's list... we've been together for so long that his quirks are so second nature to me that I hardly notice them at all... making it very difficult to pick them out.)

6. He claims that he doesn't write enough to keep up a blog... but if you are here regularly you will know that he writes pretty often :-). Honestly, though, I like that he writes it here instead of his own... it is pretty much how we do everything... we do it together! So technically it isn't a quirk, but our natural inclination :-).

Okay so he tagged four people and wants me to tag a few more... hmmmm... how about the lovely couple over at Just Me, and one of my oldest friends... Christie over at My Boys & Me (maybe Matt will join in on the fun too).

3 comments:

justme said...

lol! These are great! 'foghorn' really cracked me up. We'll try and do ours soon.

Erin Manning said...

Oh, these are so cute! Thanks for doing this, MommaLlama! :)

Elizabeth said...

I'll do mine as soon as I figure out all of ours. The bit about the foghorn was funny. :)