Wednesday, April 16, 2008

President Bush and the Pope

I've been following the blog "Benedict in America" and I thought this was very interesting:

"It was the first time in his presidency that Bush had gone to Andrews to welcome any head of state. The air base has hosted more than 300 arrivals or departures by heads of state since 2006."

The president also gave a really nice interview with EWTN's Raymond Arroyo (I recommend The World Over podcast) and was not bashful about expressing his admiration for the Holy Father. That really endeared President Bush to me. He made a great comment about not separating his faith from his public office that was very eloquent. He's definitely not the blubbering idiot Jon Stewart wants you to believe he is.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

I have not gotten to see much of it since I've been in San Antonio. I'm hoping to see his speeches on EWTN.