Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Family

Just when you think that things couldn't be more frustrating with family... the other shoe falls. This seems to be a regularly showing movie in my family (ie my parents and sibling and their lives), and also with my in-laws.

I had a long conversation with my MIL last night after I got home from rehearsal. (She was kind enough to come and sit for me while Daddio is out of town on business.) I'm coming off of a very difficult Lenten season with my family, and she has had a rough go at it this year so far. In particular an emotional day (yesterday) that left her feeling out of sorts. For me, out of sorts is the only way to describe where I'm at... there are no other words that can really come close.

While our situations are vastly different, we found common ground in knowing that we are not in control, only God is. This is such a hard thing for me. I find comfort in control, well, in routine and predictability. The unknown just scares me beyond reason. And I end up having a day like today... tired (because in super stress times I have problems with insomnia), emotional, and out of sorts.

How will I handle this kind of day... well, I will probably clean. That is kind of my outlet (when retail therapy isn't an option, and Daddio is out of town so there is no fun adventure he can take me and kids on tonight). It's been a few days since I changed/washed all the bedding, and we've been all sneezy because of allergies... the dogs could use a bath (but it has rained and is all wet out so it would be pointless because they would be kind of smelly after a couple of potty breaks today, so a no go on that)... maybe during nap time I will curl up with my San Jacinto book.

Well, after re-reading this post I sound pretty pathetic... I'm really not a whiner in real life, I'm a pull your boot straps up and get on with your life kind of girl! So no more pity party here... off to do some really fun a cool boy thing with the kids (think think think... something fun, hmmm).

No comments: