Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Yarn Along #2

This is my second installment of Yarn Along with Ginny. This week's project is a second reading blanket (I need at least three, right?!) I'm using many skeins I already have, and will need to pick up a few more to finish it off... but the color combination was inspired by the coast. In the evenings as we would walk along the beach and the waves would come in and go out... all of the beautiful shells (little clam fellows) would be exposed. So in this granny square motif, I've tried to capture all of the pretty muted colored shells that you see just before they dive down below the sand!

The book, Doodle Stitching, is another reference material I'm using for my co-op class. Well, and for myself. I've not done a whole lot of stitching like this, I love the look of it, and really think it would add that little pop I'm always looking for in the things I make!

Happy hooking... hmmm, maybe that shouldn't be the tag line :-)!

6 comments:

Jess said...

I love visiting the beach, how nice to have a reminder of the colors of the sea in your house.

Karen said...

I love the colors!
very pretty!
God Bless
Karen

Elizabeth said...

Ummm...you are already working on your second reading blanket?! I love how SPI inspired your color selections...good times! I've also been wanting to snag a copy of that Doodle Stitching book but Barnes and Nobel doesn't have it on their shelf and I want to peruse it before I buy it.

Heidi said...

You certainly captured the colors of the beach there! What sort of co- op class do you teach? I've considered teaching a handicraft one in the future.

MommaLlama said...

Heidi, it is a stitching class. The idea is for each student to walk away knowing common stitches that can be applied to daily life... ie, mending tears, reattaching buttons, hemming pants and so on... to make it fun (for both boys and girls) each week (twice a month class) they will walk away with a finished product. Each item will be a gift of some sort for family members or friends... And a few just for themselves!

Jen @ Wife, "Mom", Knitter said...

Love the shades of the blanket. Pefect beach colors!