Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Happy Father's Day


I hope everyone had a wonderful Father's Day. From what I gather from Daddio, he was pleased with his day!

Every year the kids and I do something different. Sometimes it is a store bought gift, sometimes it is a handmade gift. This year, Daddio actually made a request... so obviously we went that direction with it. He had space on his desk to display something that the boys could/would make... hmmmmm, what to have the kids make???? That's always a brain teaser! After a lot of thought I decided to go with a painting. It's been a while since they've done any real painting, and now that they are older and doing a lot of drawing I thought it was time to step up their painting.

First they needed to draw out on paper what they wanted to paint... including coloring so they had a good feel for the design. I tried to remind them that little details would be difficult to translate on to the canvas for them (ie, maybe consider a more modern art approach... yeah, they weren't having it). The only thing I did have to put my foot down about was Kung Fu Panda. We took them to see it a few weeks ago and now everything they draw is KFP (even on their Father's Day cards, I realized that most of them contained KFP).

So here are the boys after they had designed their pictures and were starting to get them down on to the canvas.

Bobcat

His completed painting:

Bubba

His finished product:

Snooker

And his finished product:
I have no idea why his aircraft carrier, that is in the water, is green/brown camo... I guess he just likes camo, even though it makes no sense for a water vessel!

2 comments:

nicole said...

Love the bunting! And your boys did a good job. The camo is the best part--Daddio will always see his unique style in it. :)

Elizabeth said...

I think those are some sweet paintings that Daddio is going to enjoy. I love the tie bunting... I should do that for Daniel.