Friday, June 24, 2011

What I've been up to...

Yesterday and today I had a chance to spend some time at my sewing machine...

Here's what I put together: Gathered Zipper Clutch

I know they look similar (they are different), they are a little different... you'll just have to take my word for it :-).
I really like them! I also really like the pattern for the most part... yep, I did make some changes, and plan to make even more changes when I have time to make more... but the concept is great (and easy to follow).

Alright, I must run, we actually have a sitter tonight so we can attend a friend's birthday... shocking to have a sitter, and the time to socialize... CRAZY!

3 comments:

nicole said...

Wish I was socializing with you. Good for you for getting out. It is good for you and your marriage and your kids, but you already know that. Hope you have fun.

Elizabeth said...

I have been eyeing that pattern of Noodlehead's for awhile now...it's a very popular pattern. Did you skip the gathering? Also, how big does the finished clutch end up being? Wallet size? Purse size?

MommaLlama said...

Nicole it was so nice to get out... And one of those I ended up giving to Anne as her birthday gift.

Elizabeth, instead of gathering, i got to fussy about it and made pleats instead. It is much closer to a wallet size. Before it is sewn together it is 5.5" x 9", my cell phone (in it's matching sleeve) fit in there with just enough room to slide in my sunglasses... I also made the little card holders on the inside... So I have a place for my drivers licence, and a few other flat things ;)