Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Yarn Along #3

I'm once again posting with Yarn Along (last week, where was I... who knows?!)

This is the third reading time blanket I'm working on. It would seem that Bubba has already called it for himself, saying it reminds him of the waves at the beach... which is fitting since I'm doing a wave pattern. I'm enjoying it, and even though it is my first time for this particular style, it is quite fun. Although I really didn't take into account the shorting of length once the wave got going... hmmm, so I think a hefty border will be in order to correct for the lack of length!

And the book I'm reading... well, if you caught the last post about books waiting for me at the library then you will know what is currently hold my attention!

If you missed it:
Fabric: 17 Innovative Sewing Projects that Make Fabric the Star (by Susan Wasinger)
Martha Stewart's Encyclopedia of Sewing and Fabric Crafts ('nough said :-)
Sew Serendipity (by Kay Whitt)


3 comments:

Jen @ Wife, "Mom", Knitter said...

Lucky child to receive such a great blanket!

Elizabeth said...

Are you following a pattern for that blanket? It's turning out great so far....I'm still working at Dominic's blanket. I really like the Martha Stewart book.

MommaLlama said...

Um following a pattern... No, I saw a tutorial for the how to a wave and decided to make a blanket with that as that as the look.

I am so pleased with our library system right now... All the craft/sewing books I've had an interest in, they've had in their in the system. There have been some great finds, and some I'm so glad I didn't buy.