Wednesday, December 10, 2008

A boys' mommy



Another reason to love my wife. She has been running errands all week. Doctor appointment, groceries, gassing up the car, preparing gluten-free meals for a camping trip set to begin very early tomorrow, and, of course, homeschooling in between all that. But, with all of two hours' notice, she decides to squeeze in a trip to the Air Force base. Because the space shuttle (riding piggyback on a 747) is coming for an overnight stay. It's been 11 years since the last time it was here. And, well, the boys love space shuttles, and she wants them to see it.

She has a million excuses to skip this event. I helped her make the list, and completely let her off the hook. Freezing weather, fussy Snookie, 30 minutes driving each way (probably worse on the way home with traffic), stuck with my little car for the day because I took her SUV. Seems like a lot of trouble for a possible 2-minute viewing.

But in the end, this mommy of boys knows that space shuttles are AWESOME. And Bobcat has new binoculars from his birthday, and what better way to use them for the first time? You're a great mommy, my dear! Thanks for embracing the world of boys and going above and beyond.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Yeah, my friend is pretty amazing. If I can be like her, that would be a very good thing.

justme said...

I was reading this out loud to James and at the end Adam interrupted with, "You mean, 'To infinity! And beyond!!'"

You are definitely going to win Momma of the year award, Llama! :)