Friday, December 19, 2008

8th and 9th...

Due to being super busy this week, posting has taken a back seat to everything else... but before the week gets too far gone I thought I would share one of our family milestones with our avid readers! Our anniversary... Daddio and I! On Tuesday, December 16th, we celebrated our 8th wedding anniversary (our 9th Christmas as a married couple). Oh how the years have gone by. This first shot was taken, oh.... the fall of 1996. We were seniors in high school, and on the band bus headed for who knows where to sweat our rears off (sorry, poor quality, it's old and scanned)... but always had a blast doing so. Yes, I know... high school sweethearts, but that really doesn't paint the right picture. We didn't date until we were seniors... so you can hardly call that a 'high school romance'.

Oh, if we had only known the road that lay ahead...

Next up college. We found our faith, and we found each other... no we weren't far away from each, but we found the real person with in each of us... and with a lot of prayer, we discerned that marriage was in our future! If you're trying to do the math... we were married in 2000 after an eight month engagement (originally it was going to be a year engagement, about a month into it we decided we really didn't want to wait :-). That day will live in infamy! The Mass was lovely, the reception was not what we planned, but the hotel and roomservice made up for everything that the reception lacked! And who can beat coming home from your honeymoon on Christmas Eve and spending hours and hours openning all the gifts from your wedding... AWESOMENESS!

Oh, if we had only known the road that lay ahead...

If we knew then what we know now... well, I don't think we would have changed a single thing. During our dinner out on Tuesday I told Daddio that while I always dreamed about my married life I could never quite picture what it would be like. But now that I'm living it, it is exactly what I've always wanted to do! (This last picture is courtesy of Bobcat during our trip last week.)

A girl really can't ask for more... a great husband (who takes her camping)... a great dad to their children (who knows just when to give mom a break)... and a great provider (so that we never worry about what lies ahead).

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Happy Anniversary! And there's nothing wrong with being high school sweethearts. Elizabeth Foss wrote a beautiful article about her high school sweetheart whom she married young and the more I think about it the more I think it's the way to go; especially based on my own experience in college where the girls with boyfriends from highschool stayed on the phone all weekend safe and sound and snug in their dorm rooms whilst I went out and partied hoping to find Mr. Right at the opposite end of a beer tap. I'm so thankful I fell in love with God my junior year and shortly thereafter fell in love with Turk and quit all those crazy ways of mine.

nicole said...

Happy Anniversary!

justme said...

Beautiful Anniversary thoughts! May God continue to bless you both. James and I have been so inspired and blessed to watch how you live your faith and raise your family. Love to you! :)

Jennifer @ Conversion Diary said...

This is such a sweet post, thanks for sharing! (As you can tell, I'm quite a few weeks behind on your blog and just now catching up.) :)