Sunday, December 23, 2007

Snaggletooth Christmas

Everyone has a hole in their head today. (And their pants, evidently. Sad-lookin' little ragamuffins, aren't they?) Snookie lost his very first tooth on Thursday. Sadly, we weren't here for it. My mom was babysitting and Snookie used the loose tooth as an excuse to get out of bed and complain. Why do grandmothers always fall for these lame excuses? She felt sorry that it was bothering him so she helped him take it out. I don't believe it really needed to come out at that moment. Kind of a bummer that we missed out on his first tooth. My mom is so gullible. Anyway, I digress. He's pretty excited to have joined the big boys' club.


And Bubba lost his third tooth (the first one from the top row) before church this morning. He's very amused by his own lisp. Bobcat's top tooth has been gone for months, surely the replacement is on the way soon.




And that is a Christmas tree you see there. Who says procrastination doesn't pay? If you wait until December 21st, the trees are on super sale. This one is very high quality, and pre-lit. I do prefer colored lights, and lots of them, but you just can't beat the convenience. Considering that we have to rearrange the furniture to accommodate the tree, we just can't seem to get motivated. We put it up Friday and decorated Saturday. Here's a fun game - click on the first image above for a larger version and play "Count the Santa's". Heh heh. I know there are varying degrees of Santa-ism among very devout and God-fearing people. I'm not criticizing anyone who enjoys the fantasy, but it's just not our thing.

Anyway, we pushed through our laziness and got it all done. We've even wrapped all the gifts, and the lights are up on the roof. (I should replace this one burned out bulb that I didn't notice until last night. I thought I had checked them all on ground level. Grrr. We shall see if scrupulosity prevails over sloth. So many vices to choose from...) It's ironic that we had more Christmas cheer before we had children. But now that the work is done, I'm glad, and the house does look nice. And smells great too, as the Llama is baking cookies today. Here's a close-up of our favorite ornament.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

We received your Christmas card today. We miss you and hope you all have a Merry Christmas!

Bob's Blog said...

No, they don't look like ragamuffins; they look really cute and very happy! Thanks for stopping by to offer well wishes this week. I am doing fine. Merry Christmas!