Saturday, December 8, 2007

Roses in bloom

What a busy Feast of the Immaculate Conception. It started off with morning mass, and then some time at the local fast food joint for a little breakfast and indoor playtime.

When we got home and let the dogs out, what did we find on our rose bush in the back... roses... a few fully opened and several buds.

At noon we met with our new engaged couple... for some reason we are qualified to mentor engaged couples preparing for their marriages... I'll be honest, I was a little nervous (no this isn't our first couple... it's our second to actually have come over... two were a no go). But all turned out great. They are a very nice couple, and we connected with them right away. I'm actually really looking forward to our next meeting!

After they left, we jetted over to my parents home to hang their Christmas lights on their house... and mom made gumbo (especially for me... 'cause I asked real nice). Then home again we came for a late bedtime!

2 comments:

justme said...

Gumbo! I want gumbo!!

That rose is beautiful! :)

You guys are a great example for the newly engaged. They're gonna be so blessed.

MommaLlama said...

Well, I was quite disappointed when it wasn't on the menu at Thanksgiving... being from La, that is usually there... someone decided to make the next day after everyone left (thanks Maw Maw, I'll remember that).