Friday, March 31, 2006

Rambling... tired... what?

So I thought we adopted boys, not chipmonks. Turns out they are one in the same. What it is about storing food in their cheeks? Anthony did that today (again). I don't know how many times we have to tell that kid not to do it! We ate breakfast (cinnamon raisen bread), then we got dressed and went down to the park. By the time we made it back home and were about to start homeschooling it was nearly 11 o'clock. And he goes to answer a question and I noticed a crumb on his tongue... when he went to swallow I saw a massive piece of bread he was storing under his upper lip. What a weirdo! Seriously that is just gross.

Of course after that little discovery homeschooling went down hill quickly. Why? I don't know, I didn't yell at him or anything, just told him to swallow it and re-explained that we don't store food in our mouth. YUCK! But I caught him, and he wanted to hang on to that bread... who knows when he might get another meal... uhhhh, like in 30 minutes.

On a different track completely... I have been working this Lent to control some of my more sarcastic remarks (in real life, not in my blogs, I can't just give up cold turkey) mostly because we've noticed that in certain situations the boys have learned my sarcastic tone and the words I use... but they mean them in the nicest of ways... they have no idea I'm being sarcastic. One of my favorite (and hardest ones to break) is "good job genius" when especially Austin does something that always ends up with him running into a wall or falling down smack on his face. I always help him up and dust him off and give him love if he is hurt... but that little phrase would pop out in the moment of the action. Well, the other day DH was in the room with them and Austin was on the floor with his train saying "I'm a genius, I'm a genius" over and over again. Seriously I haven't used it in weeks (to the best of my knowledge), but point taken... must stick to my lenten sacrifice!

No comments: