Wednesday, March 8, 2006

Last week

There were some events that should have had more fanfare last week, but simply didn't happen mostly because I wasn't feeling well. Dang allergies or even a cold, who knows, with this dang weather what was the real cause of all the conjestion... but I digress. Last week was the one year anniversary of the finalization of the boys adoption. YEAH!!!! That means that we have had them for a year and half... that is just crazy. Crazy because most of the time I can't think of a time when they weren't here, when they weren't a part of our daily lives. And then there are other times, when something new happens and I look at them and feel like it was just yesterday that we met them for the first time. I'm sure all parents feel like that in one way or another, but man life sure has a way of sneaking up on you.

The other marked event... that wasn't an event at all was my birthday! I was kind of sad when I came home that day and there wasn't a card or something that boys worked on for me. Don't get me wrong we had gone out the previous weekend to see a movie, dinner, and I bought a little jacket... but I thought there would be more thought on the day of... the first person to tell me Happy Birthday was by phone call at 6:45 as I walked in the door from a 10 work day. Oh well, maybe next year.

No comments: