Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Art

Back in February I tried something new with the boys. They were really just getting into drawing on their own without the help of coloring books. Trust me this was a big step for all of them. They are not the real crafty type kids that just love to have paper and markers around and are always inspired to create on paper. More often than not they are working out their engineering brains by building elaborate train tracks, race tracks, or lego art. Anyway, back to what I was saying about the new thing... at the beginning of the year they (mostly Bobcat) really started flexing his drawing muscles and we were going through paper like crazy. So I decided to get each one a one subject spiral (way cheaper than drawing pads), this way all the paper was bound together, there were lines for writing... and plenty of space for imagination to take hold. I asked that they try to write something on each page about what they drew... not much just a title... that only lasted for a short time, and the majority of the book has no words just images.

Today Bobcat brought me his spiral... "Finished!" he exclaimed. So here are a few of my favorite pictures from his book. Friday he will get a new spiral to start the process anew!

This first picture is a drawing he made after a trip to the zoo!"And I like to help put seeds in the dirt."

I had to ask about this one... it is an image of Christ holding Bobcat when he was a baby.


Needless to say he didn't ask me for any spelling on this one... it is Daddio and I getting married. He know's my favorite color is pink... just for the record my original wedding dress was not pink and my hair was up... but who remembers that far back :-).

This last picture is one he drew at the beginning of this week. This is the two of us looking into Bean's bassinet. He even drew in the animals hanging from the bonnet.

1 comment:

nicole said...

Those are great. His cursive handwriting is wonderful!