Monday, May 11, 2009

bummed

Okay y'all. I rolled my eyes when she showed up with him. I told us not to get attached. We're just babysitters. Yeah, well, that didn't work. He is too perfect. And I saw our boys in him, and thought of how I hope someone else loved them so much until they became ours, and how I just can't understand, if I am in love after just two days, how a parent - a mother - could abandon them.

Our boys fawned all over him and asked if we could get him baptized. Believe me, I did the research. I almost baptized him last night in the bath tub. It would have been illicit but technically valid.

Plus he has my wife's little mouth and chin and I just. can't. stand it. I NEED to put him in my pocket and take him everywhere and smoosh him and kiss him.

You know all those eloquent prayers about submission and "Thy will, not my will", etc. I can't get myself to say them. All I got is, "Oh, please please please please please please please please please please..."

Unfortunately, the party is over, and the baby had to go "home" tonight. I told MommaLlama that she should be sure to cry - a lot - when she drops him off. She says it's too early and would appear desperate. So I told the baby (hereby dubbed "Bean") to cry all night long and to irritate everyone from siblings to dogs, but especially grandparents, with such terrible behavior that they would want to send him back. MommaLlama told him to make them cry "Uncle!" EXACTLY! I'm the uncle, get it? ;)

Oh, Bean. Hope to see you soon.

No comments: