Sunday, June 1, 2008

Modesty and Swimwear

Okay reading that title most people think... NOT POSSIBLE without looking really awful (for ladies that is). Yesterday I spent a considerable amount of time looking for just such a thing, and thankfully my patience paid off.

I'm of the opinion (and Daddio too) that no matter what your body shape, there are just things that nobody needs to see (or be seen in). Most specifically your more womanly areas are not intended to be shown to the world at large (and even more so I feel when you're a wife and mother)!

If you are of the same persuasion as I... you will know that it is quite difficult to find a suit that is flattering for your own particular body, and fulfills your modest taste without just wearing a T-Shirt and shorts over whatever you own to swim in. Yesterday I hit GOLD!

This my friends is a swim dress, it is just long enough to cover all your bits and pieces... but not long enough to be annoying. Trying it on for Daddio when I got home, I can honestly say that I've never felt more comfortable and cute in a suit before (and that is saying a lot because I used to be super small and walk around in a two piece when I was in high school). Under the dress, there is a full suit piece, so in the water if the out layer of fabric rises... you are still completely covered!

If you are interested in something like this you can just google swimdress, and I bought this one at Kohl's.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

It is VERY cute and feminine. I wish I had found something like that when I went shopping for one last year. I feel like a boy in my swimsuit.