Sunday, February 17, 2008

Pod People

Well, we're officially iPod people. MommLlama got a nano (pink, of course) and I got a classic. I'm just now loading up our last CD. Man, we have a lot of CD's. I bet a lot of you (Nicole and Travis) have way more than us, but it impresses me to see the bottom of the screen where it says over 2,000 songs equal to 5.6 days worth of tunes. That's pretty cool, I think. And what a weird variety we've accumulated. How's this for random.

Air Supply
Gene Autry
The Benedictine Monks of Santo Domingo de Silas
Andrea Bocelli
The Canadian Brass
The Carpenters
Phil Collins
Harry Connick Jr.
Aaron Copland
Bing Crosby
Maynard Ferguson
Norah Jones
Los Lonely Boys
Glen Miller
Rich Mullins
Outkast (Weren't expecting that one were you? It was given to me by a friend who probably thought I'd never listen to it.)
Santana
Bruce Springsteen
George Strait
U2
Veggie Tales
Andrew Lloyd Webber
Yanni
At least a dozen movie soundtracks - from Star Wars to Rocky to Dances With Wolves
Tons of classical stuff, including guitar, trumpet, cello, and flute soloists.

I'm totally psyched to have all that at my fingertips. Everyone else in my office has one, I think it will be nice to have some music and tune out the background noise while I work. And there are some really great blogs with podcasts that I have been wanting to listen to for some time. No more commercials in the car for me! And I'm sure we'll be adding to the collection with those 99 cent downloads.

4 comments:

S Williams said...

I'm not here to cause any trouble, I'm just here to listen to an Ipod Shuffle....

MommaLlama said...

Ha ha ha... okay, now that is funny!

nicole said...

Cool for you guys. I really wanted a pink one, but couldn't justify the extra expense. Travis does have a ton of music on his, but I actually only have about 350 songs, over 150 of them Christian P&W of some kind. I have been looking to add some music to mine lately. The 99c downloads are great. Even better is the cheaper album price--10 dollars most of the time. So were your cars already MP3 ready? Ours are not, so we have to deal with the beating of using the iTrip and whatnot. Anyway, welcome to the iPod world. You'll start to wonder how you ever listened to the radio at all.

Daddio said...

My car has an aux jack. Her car does not. I could probably take it to a stereo shop and have them add an aux jack fairly inexpensively. I've been told that a direct wired aux jack is going to give much better sound quality than an FM modulator.

She was initially going to get the 4GB nano, which is only in silver and black. Figured she could just get a pink case for it and save $50. But the case she really liked was $30. So I decided to just spend another $20 to have the 8GB in pink.