Thursday, February 14, 2008

Mid-Season Trades

If there is anyone out there who keeps up with basketball... especially if you follow the Mavs or the Nets, will know that there is a deal a brewin'.

I'm NOT HAPPY... why? Well, because I don't agree with mid-season trades. It isn't fair to take players from a good team and send them to a crappy team, and for one good player to get traded from a crappy team to a good team so near playoffs... You should finish the season with the people who started the season!

The Mavs currently have the best bench (in my opinion). We usually don't worry about injury all the much because we have such a high producing bench... but in this trade we are losing nearly all our bench for two players, one of which is nearing retirement... and hasn't gotten his current team to a ring.

This is one Mavs fan that is not happy... I support GEORGE! You stick to this team, baby!!!!

2 comments:

nicole said...

We wouldn't be losing Stackhouse though; just won't have him for 30 days, which seems good since he needs to recover from injury. If the trade goes through the Mavs are saying they want a title and they want it now. I'm a little concerned about depth at point guard and future at that position, if Kidd comes here. But, as much as I like Harris, he is not irreplacable and it does seem to me that something neeeds to be done to shake things up. The roster as it is has not gotten it done in recent years.

Daddio said...

I disagree. The Golden State series was an anomaly. They were in the Finals two years ago. I think the current team is as good as any other. I'm concerned about depth at center without Diop. What are we supposed do when Dampier gets in early foul trouble? As much as I like Damp, he's the only one, and he's no Stoudemire, Shaq, Yao, or Bynum. I think we gave up too much for Kidd and exposed a new weakness.