Sunday, February 17, 2008

Knight Rider

Well, I'm sadly disappointed in the new Knight Rider show. I had high hopes for a good remake of the show that I loved as a kid, to share with my kids. I can tolerate, even embrace, the corny stuff. The car chases and gadgets make it worth it.

But in the first 30 minutes, they used the word "bitch", and the lesbian female cop woke up with a strange girl in her bed. And the car just asked if that guy was gay. I swear. Why did they find that necessary to add that stuff? I should probably write a letter. I really want to like this silly show, and to enjoy it with my sons. I would have relaxed my parental controls to allow a certain amount of violence and romance. But they always push it too far. What, are they trying to make it "edgy" and modern? It's a talking car, for goodness sake - it's clearly meant to appeal to 6-year-old boys of all ages. Wouldn't the older guys would have liked it anyway, without the bad stuff? Or does a show automatically lose its "street cred" if it doesn't include foul language and homosexuals? Anyway, I'm sorry that we won't be enjoying this show as a family.

Maybe when they remake Air Wolf and The A Team they'll do better?...

2 comments:

Charlotte (WaltzingM) said...

Did you know that NBC is offering some "vintage" (their word) shows online and I think on Wednesday nights. Buck Rogers, A-Team, Battlestar Gallactica.

Also, check out a show called Psych on USA...lots of 80's references and just plain fun. Maybe not for the kids, but definitely for you and mama!

matthew archbold said...

I'm for an A-Team re-do. Although I don't know who you get to replace Mr. T. Maybe he could do it again. It might be difficult to get him on the plane to Hollywood though. Maybe Murdock will think of something.