Friday, November 2, 2007

A new sport

Daddio sent me a little message yesterday while waiting for his car to be serviced, saying that he had gotten me a surprise. I LOVE SURPRISES!!! Well, that me rephrase that, I LOVE GIFTS, I don't like waiting :-).

When he finally got home, he brought something over to me... a glove! A golf glove. I knew he was going to be getting a set of new golf clubs for himself yesterday, so the glove through me a little, but I assumed he was going to let me play around with the set that he had been borrowing from a friend. Then he took me out into the garage to show me the set that he had gotten for himself... and low and behold... he got ME A SET OF CLUBS TOO!!!! And after dinner he took me out the driving range so that we could wack hit a bunch of balls!

Turns out I'm not half bad (Daddio's words). I hit the ball 90% of the times I swung, and I would say that some where in the 93%-95% range of those went further than 3 feet. I'm overwhelmingly pleased with how I did, and can't wait to go and hit more!!!

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

How lovely. You seem like the couple Popcak talks about in his book.

Bob's Blog said...

Look out, Tiger Woods!

MommaLlama said...

Yeah... Tiger doesn't need to worry... the people standing near the crazy woman with clubs in her hand at the driving range while her children play near her... those are the people that should be worried :-).

nicole said...

How fun! I really want to learn to play golf with some level of skill, but have never had a set of clubs that fit. Also, Husband says I need to be stronger. But I do want to learn b/c he likes to play and I'd rather be with him for those 3 hours than not. I hope your progress goes well.