Saturday, November 17, 2007

Did I mention that I'm awesome?

If so, it bears repeating. I'm awesome. With my new irons (golf clubs), that is. Still need to work on my woods and hybrids, did better than the last time out but have a wicked slice. I'll be on a real golf course for only the second time in my life next Friday, and I'm actually optimistic that I won't completely embarrass myself.

Some of you might be interested to know how we're holding up without our Mommy this weekend. As we were driving to the airport yesterday, Bubba asked from the backseat, "Who's going to take care of us when Mommy's gone?" Gee, thanks for the vote of confidence, son! Actually, I think he assumed I would also be going on the airplane. But it was funny the way he said it.

So we dropped the Llama off and came home to begin our innaugural Dudes' Weekend. I put the boys down for nap and went to do the yard work. I'm hoping this is the last time for the season, as I cut it fairly short and ran the mower dry and emptied the gas can into the car. So, Jack Frost, show yourself already, it's November and I don't want my grass to grow any more. Then, I attempted to rearrange the garage so that my new car could fit in there along with mommy's tank. It was pretty tough, but I think it will work. Gonna need some rubber door edge things just to be safe.

Leftover pizza for dinner and then off to our Blue Knights meeting to learn about the Fear of God and make spears with which to destroy evil. It went well. Nobody poked any eyes out, I call it a success.

Slept a little late this morning and had some toast and bread sticks (their request). Ran to Wal-Mart to get new shoes (Bubba tore his, and Bobcat has outgrown his) and new sunglasses for me ($5). Then to the driving range, as noted above. The place near our house is great because it's cheap and there's plenty of room for the boys to play safely away from the golfers.

Then home for lunch - PB&J. Daddy food is pretty simple fare. Bubba and Bobcat thought it was cool that their sandwiches were big (not cut in half) like big boys, and Snookie cried because it wasn't cut the way mommy makes it. Easily solved. Then a LOOONG nap, for all of us, with the windows open because dang, this weather is amazing.

This evening we grabbed some Wendy's burgers (noticing a pattern here? If you don't use any dishes, you don't have to wash any...) and went to the airport observation area to watch planes take off and land until dark. Bobcat brought his new camera, I'll post some photos later. Home for showers and into bed, now watching the Mavs. We'll see if we're able to get up for church by ourselves in the morning...

Hope you're having fun, mommy, we miss you!

===
Update: Sunday went well. We did get up for church on time. I made waffles and they were actually good. Played outside, and had another long nap. Then we learned that Mommy's flight would be delayed five hours... I'm sure she'll post about that later. We watched the Cowboys game (too close for comfort, but a win is a win), beans and weenies for supper, and off to bed. Up again at 11:45 to go pick up Mommy from the airport. I'll have you know that the kitchen was clean and the carpet vacuumed when she got home.

The dogs are mad at me because I made them stay outside pretty much the whole time. Like, well, dogs. Daisy gets indignant when she's treated like a mere animal. But I wanted the front door open for maximum fresh air flow.

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

LOL! Every once in awhile one of us would wonder out loud how things were going up there. It is pretty much as I pictured it in my mind.

nicole said...

Sounds like a Dad weekend around our place. Minimal prep food, naps are not optional, and the schedule is very flexible. What a fun weekend for everyone. Good luck on the course.

Bob's Blog said...

I actually went to college on a golf scholarship (Hardin-Simmons). I was the fifth best player, and always was paired against the fifth best player from opposing players in matches, so had a pretty good record. After college, I pretty much quit the game, because I was not good enough to play on the pro tour. I could have become a country club pro, but that was not me. Too much going on in the world.

About the slice: try moving your left foot forward toward the ball a little, and dropping your right foot back a little. Make sure to keep your head down as your hands swing through the ball. Don't be too anxious to see where the ball goes.

Daddio said...

No kidding, Bob, that's very interesting. We have a few friends who went to Hardin-Simmons. And thanks for the tip!