Monday, November 6, 2006

Some People

Okay, so I had to go to the store to pick up more meds for our trip tomorrow (sidenote... cold medicine is outragously expensive), and I got a comment I get regularly...


I'm standing in the check out line, and a man came up behind me (40ish) and was kind of smiling at the boys and they were being chatty to me commenting on gum, candy and magazines.  The man asked if they were trip's, and for the 1 billionth time I said smiled and said no.  Then he kept on, which one is in school... so I pointed to Spiderboy and said 1st, and Bubbay kinder.  And as usual he (the man) commented that they looked too young... 'yes, they look young' but that is because they are so small.  He continued, "they must be close together", "yep, about a year apart"... and the line I hear all TOO OFTEN "YOU KNOW HOW THAT HAPPENS DON'T YOU". 


Wow Captain America, yes I'm perfectly aware of how it happens... of course it doesn't happen to ME, for me it happens thru paperwork, waiting, interviews, meetings, more waiting, social workers, and COURT.  Of course all I did was smile and nod... my usual response when I don't have time educate!

No comments: