Friday, November 10, 2006

Headin' home

Today marks the end of the business trip/fall break. We are headin' home!

States we are heading thru:


Nebraska
Kansas
Oklahoma
TEXAS!!!!

It's been fun, but there's no place like home... my own bed, my own kitchen (yep, I am tired of eating out), my own bathroom (my own huge garden tub), oh there are so many things I miss about my cute little house!!!!

But before I log off, I will leave you with a story from last night.

Background: Bobcat likes to be in control, if he isn't in control of a situation than he shuts down (not like we ever allow him to be in control, but the kid keeps tryin').

After dinner we went down to the pool (indoor and heated... nice), and DH wanted the boys to swim the length of the pool (with help of course) before they stood in the shallow end and played. Well Bobcat just didn't want to do it, he wanted to do his own thing. DH was not having it (we periodically do things like this, tell them to do something and stick to our guns, even when it is something kind of trivial... forced obedience in a controlled environment). Bobcat wasn't having it.... Bobcat decided that he would rather give up and die on the bottom of the pool than to swim like he was asked to do. And he proceeded to kick and scream and thrash, and take in a lot of water. DH finally got him to settle down some what and after Bobcat did the required swim he went to the shallow end to sit on the steps and lick his proverbial wounds. That's when it happened... he puked in the pool. Yep, he ruined the pool not only for our family, but the whole freakin hotel guest list! What a way to end our business trip!

No comments: