Wednesday, August 2, 2006

I can't wait

There are a few things on the horizon that I just can't wait for! So what are they:

1. The arrival of my homeschooling curriculum I just ordered. They say it takes 3-7 business days to arrive... come on post man and show me the goods! Spiderboy will be starting first grade, and Bubba will begin kindergarten, and I am so pumped about the stuff I picked out for them! YAY!

2. A weekend retreat/conference for adoptive parents. It happens at the end of this month, and it is Friday thru Sunday at a pretty nice hotel, and is free!!!! First off, I would probably have paid for this... we (DH and I) have been looking for something like this, and the Lord answered our prayers. Not only is it for adoptive parents (a couple who is married is part of the criteria), it is for those parents who adopted children thru the state foster care system... SO PEOPLE LIKE US... And since it is in our area, that means we have a great potiential to meet people near us that share the same joys and struggles of the nature of our parenting relationship!

I know... it is only two things... but two really big things! Number one being the materials we are going to use for the next year, and number two... some ideas, support, and encouragement on the road we have chosen for parenthood. YAY!!!!

No comments: