Tuesday, August 22, 2006

1 to 100

Okay last year anytime I tried to help Bobcat count, he would freak out and be all pissy.... not anymore. The kid counted to 100 for the first time, with only a few helps along the way... and talk about a good attitude... what a difference a year makes (well, a few months off for summer).

Bobcat, I'm impressed!

Not only that, but when the others are done with their work and he still has about another 15-20 minutes of work that is just for him... again, good attitude. He also seems to like the one on one attention. I guess sharing me with the other two for the first hour is so different than last year that he thrives of knowing that I am only working with him at that moment!!! YIPPEE!!!!

Granted we are only in week 2 of the new school year... I but I see wonderful improvements from him... attitude and focus that just wasn't there last year.

Of course, Bubba hangs in there for a while, but it gets to a point when he is wanting to go and play... and it just isn't time for that yet. So I am tweeking the order in which do things during homeschool a little bit here and there to help him adjust to his personality and patience. Gotta love homeschool... no where else would you get such personalized schedules!

No comments: