Monday, August 7, 2006

Cooking

I love cooking!!! Seriously, it is a huge stress reliever for me... I feel like I'm using all of my brain (the group up part, and the imaginative kid part), and in the end I have a product to show for it.

At some point in my life I think it would be great to take a few cooking classes. Not the kind for a grade mind you, I'm done with that sort of thing... something that is low stress and fun. I think baking/pastries, and then maybe some sort of main dishes (I have no idea of what style, though) would be the two things that really interest me.

Why... well take for instances this weekend. DH had a birthday on Friday, and we decided to do the cake part on Saturday. He asked for a carrot cake a week or so before, so I decided to make one from scratch. Now I have done a couple of cakes from scratch before, but never carrot. Anyway... ever since I started the new meds I have felt horrible, but on Saturday while I was working on the cake (and the homade mashed potatoes, and the roast on the stove) I was able to lose myself in the work and not think about it. It was great, even though I wasn't sure how the cake would turn out (mind you, I'm known around here for really awesome cakes and to take on something that I don't know how will turn out it very scary for me!). Same kind of goes for today. Again, I don't feel well at all... but I'm working on a nice dinner, and as long as I'm focused on that I seem to be able to fight through the ickiness!

So of course now I'm looking for a few more recipes that are more involved for the rest of the week to keep me busy so I don't have to think about my stomach trying to escape through my throat!

No comments: