Sunday, May 22, 2011

A few new finished projects

As usual, I've had this fabric that has been calling my name... it was intended for a different project but the more I looked at it the more I realized that I wanted to go a different direction with it. So while we were on vacation 2 weeks ago I set to thinking about other things I wanted that this awesome fabric would work with (and that I would get to see regularly because I liked it so much). What I decided was a sleeve for my sunglasses and a second on for my iPhone.

Check it out:


Now, you will notice my phone looks like it is getting swallowed up by the case... well, this particular case I actually made and gave to my mom (it fits her slightly larger phone perfectly... and I'm always willing to give away my proto-type, my second attempts usually have the kinks worked out!).

And last, but certainly not least is a bag concept I've been thinking about and designing in my brain for a month or so. I wanted a mixed medium bag (crochet and fabric)... so I set to work. The only thing I don't like about this picture is that it looks like the yarn doesn't match... but what you can't see here is that the fabric has several shades of purple and I picked the yarn that brings out the redder shades!

This was also my first attempt at a fabric flower. I think it came out pretty well! If you wondering, at the moment I don't have an intended recipient for this bag. It was just one of those ideas rolling around in my brain that I just had to make. Alright... back to my fabric, my own phone sleeve is waiting to be cut, sewn and put into use!

No comments: