Thursday, May 26, 2011

No, No, NO, earmuffs, earmuffs!!!!

As a parent, have you ever had that moment where your child goes to ask you a question and inside your head your screaming something like, "NO NO NO, I'm not prepared to talk about this RIGHT NOW (with your brothers sitting here staring at us), I can't handle the pressure!", or "we (your dad and me) said that HE was going to deal with this!", or "it's too early in the morning and I have a headache, if I try to answer this sanely... well it just isn't going to happen!"?!

Then just like that... as if your guardian angel went over and thumped his guardian angel and the head and said "wake up dude, not right now!", and the question concludes in a way you can deal with?! That's what happened to me this morning.

Here's what happened... this morning Daddio sent me a picture from one of his customers who runs a miniature horse farm. They woke up to a new baby even though they were assured the mare was not pregnant when they bought her. The baby is unbelievably cute. I shared the picture with the boys and told them that she had him some time in the night. Bobcat looks right at me and asks, "how did the Mommy give birth [my first thought is wow, good terminology, second though, HOLY CRAP HERE IT COMES! then he finishes] in the middle of the night by herself? Don't animals need help to have their babies, like human mommies?"

Yes, I did explain that really human mommies don't need as much help as they receive in hospitals, and that animals (all animals) can do it on their own (although some circumstances arise where help is more necessary to save all involved)...

Crisis averted, stomach put back in it's rightful spot, and life continues... phewwwwwww!

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Geez! I know exactly how you feel. Bernie was asking those questions when I was pregnant with her brother. At first, she accepted the response that God creates a tunnel for the baby to go through. Then a few weeks before the birth she asked point blank if "tunnel" was the female part that she has always used the correct term for. Sheesh!