Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Souper Tasty!

It dawned on me that I really haven't put any of our new recipes up on the blog... so here's a tasty soup I made this weekend... in the crock pot!

Now, I have a large 6 quart crock, so if yours is smaller you will probably want to pull back some of the quantity.

Chicken Soup
5 pieces of chicken (I used thighs because that's what I had on hand)
6 cups of chicken stock
1 lb baby carrots (chopped to your liking)
1/2 lb celery (chopped to your liking)
1 small onion (what ever your favorite variety is, chopped)
Dash of Dill Weed (I love this stuff, but you don't NEED it)
Dash of Rosemary
Dash of Red Pepper
Salt and Pepper to taste

Throw it all into your slow cooker, wait 5-8 hours... and YUMMY! This will serve around 8-10 bowls!

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

This sounds delicious. I'm gonna have to try this. Please, feel free to post any more gluten-free delicious crock pot recipes; it is your blog after all. :-)

I'm especially looking for ones that are also low-carb and dairy free so that I can add to my candida recipes.

Elizabeth said...

The above comment is from yours truly, you know...Mustard's mom. I've been tinkering around my blog some lately.

MommaLlama said...

I can't wait to see what you've come up with!

How's Mustard doing? We would love to get a new pic of him :-)???!