Thursday, October 22, 2009

Around the barnyard #11

In the CHC newsletter I saw an idea that I thought I would share with you. I, personally, don't know how I would incorporate this in my own household because I don't have a laundry room with enough room for this sort of thing... but I'm still thinking of ways I could make this work.


Create floor or shelf space in the laundry room, and get a box, five gallon bucket, or other container for each child. Sort wash directly from the dryer into each person’s laundry container. Children are responsible for putting away their own clothing.

Right now, I just have the boys move the clean laundry from the dryer to my room where I fold it (they help depending on the items) and then they put them away.

1 comment:

nicole said...

I also do not have a large laundry room.

I wash the clothes, and they pile up in the hall next to the laundry room until I make the kids sort it and fold it. Usually about once a week. Not the best system, but it is what is working for me right now.