Sunday, August 16, 2009

random tidbits

I decided to find several old high school friends on facebook recently. Wow, what a bunch of nerds I hung out with. I mean that as a compliment. They're ridiculously successful. I still refuse to join. That's a whole 'nother rant for another day. But I may lurk through my wife's login more often.

Pomegranite liqueur with 7-up or ginger ale is awesome. Yes, it's a girl drink. Don't judge me.

Bobcat has read all 20 books required to go to Uno's. Remember Book-It from elementary school? We're doing a home made version of that. They all read quite often, but to get a check mark, they have to read it to a parent, so that we can make sure they are actually reading everything correctly. We are not forcing this on them. There is no designated reading time. They have to initiate it on their own. We collectively scored about three points the first couple of weeks. But the goal is in sight, so they are starting to pick up some momentum. Snookie... has read eight so far. I think the peer pressure will help motivate him. Bubba only has three to go (and is begging me to come listen to him right now).

2 comments:

nicole said...

I love pomegranate drinks! And FB is fun, if you keep it in perspective. Yea for a reading program.

Elizabeth said...

I'm still on the fence about facebook. I like keeping in touch with my family. It's nice to know what my loved ones are up to so that when we get together for weddings and funerals we don't just sit around and stare at eachother. I'm not interested in keeping in touch with people I don't talk to anymore during my nerdy highschool days and wild college ones. Turk accidentely accepted a college "friend" and I'm trying to figure out how to delete her without her knowing. There's also a couple of Ron Paul/Campaign for Liberty people I follow just so I know when there are petitions to sign and what not. I still prefer blogs but not enough of my family have them for me to know what's going on in their daily doings.