Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Camping - Wednesday

Sorry it has taken me so long to get on here and post about our trip, but coming home from a trip like that has a lot of laundry to do, along with all my regular chores...

Okay, where did we go??? Caprock Canyons in Quitaque, Tx (West Texas).

We headed out Wednesday morning, and got to our campsite around 2:00. After getting the tent set up and all our gear in order, Daddio got a dinner fire going while I took the boys exploring. Our pad was located right near a ledge overlooking the Little Red Creek. The boys and I took turns throwing rocks over the ridge and into the water... that is hours of entertainment right there! Then it was time for dinner. We were able to take a short hike after dinner down to the creek bed and around the bend, then headed back to camp around sunset. It is truly amazing there, everywhere you turn is another awe inspiring sight.
Then it was time for S'mores, and bedtime for the boys! Daddio and I stayed up to enjoy the fire, and a little adult conversation... but were soon tucked away cozy in our sleeping bags for a toasty (thanks to the new tent heater) slumber.

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

To quote Napoleon Dynamite, "LUCKY!" -Love Littlebit

Anonymous said...

LB, you could get to Big Bend in about the same amount of time. It's cheap entertainment for a family!

Bob's Blog said...

I cannot see any of the photos you posted.

MommaLlama said...

Bob... blogger didn't like my really cool slide shows, so I took them off and just added links! Hope you can see things now.