Tuesday, June 13, 2006

A short summer break

Well as of Monday we finished up our kindergarten Seton curriculum and are going to take a short break before we pick up practicing during the summer! We need to keep our math and reading skills going as we transition into FIRST GRADE!!! How exciting. Plus we will get to go and pick up a new Spiderman book because we made a deal with Anthony that if he completed the last 5 days with a good attitude he would get a new book to read! As a parent, it makes me so happy that we can use rewards like new books!!! Our child is happy working on his reading skills (most of the time) and to be able to foster that in him is really cool!

So come August/September we will have a first grader and a kindergartener, this should be fun. Bubba is chompin' on the bit to get started, which makes me happy that he is so eager.

I also feel really proud of myself. I know that it was Bobcat that actually did the work, but it was me who had to keep in pointed in the right direction. It was me who worked on the lesson plans and worked out the teaching methods to suit him. It does my confidence good knowing that I didn't fail him, meaning that I lived up to my role in this process!

History, Science, Spelling, Geography... HERE WE COME!

No comments: