Friday, June 23, 2006

Food, glorious food!

Yep, from Oliver... and also some animated movie... the only reason I know that is because my kids have never seen Oliver, but seem to know the song (I think maybe Madagasgar).

Anyway, the reason I bring it up is, first because the boys sing that song all the time... and because that is truly how they feel on the subject of food. For the most part there isn't a food that they don't like. Bobcat will turn up his nose on occasion... even be weird about it the first few times he eats, but eventually comes around (yep, you read that right, the first few times... no one is aloud to be a picky eater in this house!).

Take for examply bread. How many kids (adults too I have found) don't like the crust let alone the heel of a loaf of bread? Bobcat's favorite part of the bread, and is ways quick to ask for it before anyone else gets the words out... the HEEL! Snookie usually eats the crust first... toast, plain bread, or a sandwich and eating around the rim is what he is doing. Bubba, well he just loves all of it. And I do mean all of it. There isn't a food that lasts long in front of Bubba... be it on his plate, or yours! We all have to guard ours carefully so he doesn't get any wild ideas :-).

There's nothing that warms my heart more than to hear the boys say, "Mom you are a good cooker!" Gotta love my little guys!

If the boys choose marriage over the priesthood... the women that cook the best are the ones that will steal their hearts!

No comments: