Tuesday, June 13, 2006

It's been a while

I told myself that I wouldn't go this long without writing, but I just haven't been in the mood to write lately. I think it has a lot to do with Tiger boy's cast. I mean, our whole routine is off because we can't go outside, he can't swim, we have somewhat limited our playdates because he just can't do what the others can... but that will all change starting tomorrow! YIPPEE, the cast is coming off and we are going swimming!!!

There's that, but also all the traveling DH is doing that has left me feeling anything but super happy. Why? Well, because I've been feeling more like a single mom of three more than a wife and mother lately. It is absolutely exhausting. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate what my husband does, and how hard he works, and what he does with the boys when he is home... but the fact that he seems gone more than he is home is starting to really take its toll on me. During the week when he arrives home from a trip, it's late... either right when the boys are needing to go down... or right after. He leaves usually in the morning before their up... so the sole parenting responsibility falls on me, no helping in the afternoon... just me. Thankfully the boys still nap, so I have a little while to myself... but that just can't make up for being the sole source of parental entertainment, argument referee, cook, maid, taxi cab...

I sure could use a vacation...

No comments: