Monday, June 28, 2010

It's good to be back!

It's been a while... both posting and running. I ended up having to take a little over a week off from training because of a knee issue. Thankfully by the end of last week I was feeling a lot better, but not able to run just yet because of other engagements, I had a few more days to rest... and then this morning I woke up... saw the temp on the computer and decided this was the morning to get back on the ole horse!

The boys and I suited up, and hit the pavement.

Stats for the day (for my benefit... I'm going to use this as my training journal)

Warm up walk: 8 minutes

Run/walk workout: 20 minutes

Lap time: 2 laps (around park) 16 1/2 minutes (2 minutes better woohoo than the last good workout), last run/walk series was done on the way back home

Walk down time: 6 minutes

The boys are doing well with this program. We still really haven't hit their stride just yet. I think maybe in the next round (more running, less walking series), we might see a little more effort on their part. As for me, my knee did great this morning... the new brace I picked up last week seems to be just the right thing. It's not to bulky/hot, it doesn't cut off circulation, and it seems to hold the knee cap in the right spot (which was I think was the main issue I was having).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

honey...

nicole said...

So, I hate to be the one to say this because some people make me crazy with their fanaticism, but you might want to try barefoot running. BIL loves it and swears by it, says it alleviated major pain for him. Just a thought.

Great job getting back into it!